Sunday, March 4, 2018

Doctor Who 1.08 - Father's Day

Overall opinion: This is another super solid episode to me. I love time travelling stories that deal with personal loss, even if we all know how it's going to end. The only complaint I probably have is that Rose's father wasn't really established before this point. I think if he had been, this story would have had much more impact. But honestly, it's pretty great as is. 10/10

The Doctor: I loved seeing the Doctor get mad at Rose, and then still try to protect her and her family, that was great, very Doctor-like.

Rose: I'm not sure how to feel about Rose here. On one hand, I relate to what she's feeling, but on the other hand, I hate that she insists on screwing things up. She is apologetic pretty fast though, so I guess that's a good thing.

Side characters: Oh man, this one episode really did make me feel for Rose's father. And that couple about to get married were pretty cute. Oh, and tiny Mickey! :D

Villain: There isn't one here, not really. There are these time-eating monsters, but they are not really what the episode is *about*.

No comments:

Post a Comment